Friday, November 28, 2008

Tom, we love you man!


Meet Tom Scott. Part time horn player, full time great guy.

Tom is a virtuoso guitar player and gifted songwriter, he's gracious enough to sit in on a gig with the Blue Coyote crew every now and then to add his distinctive flair to our live sets.

I get a call from Matt our drummer today (Matt and his beautiful wife Donna own a music store), Matt sounds sick, I said, "Hey Matt, what's up?" "You're not gonna believe what happened". he said. "Tom Scott was in the store today and had a sezieure, he fell down and hit his head on a toolbox then on the floor, he cut his face pretty bad and needed some stitches." I was horrified, I asked, "Is he all right?" Matt replied, "Yeah, he's all right, other than a face full of stitches and two huge black eyes, apparently he has these episodes every now and then, it has something to do with mercury poisoning" Matt continued, "Tom's really worried about tomorrow night, he's scheduled to play a gig (Tom has a solo act that's pretty awesome) at Blondie's and he needs the money to make his rent this month. I thought maybe we could cover his gig and make sure he gets the money"

"Count me in Matt, I wouldn't miss it."

Anyone within driving distance needs to hit Blondie's tomorrow night, have a beer and kick some money in the tip jar for Tom. We're lucky to have musicians of Tom's caliber in the area, we're double lucky that we have someone as nice as Tom in the area. Tom's done a lot for the live music scene locally.

Tom, we love you man. Get better, we need you!

5 comments:

  1. If you fall short getting rent money together for this guy, let me know. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, you're a good egg. I may even take back a few of those nasty things I said about you behind your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the show tonight! I hope that tip jar is full and Tom is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE:

    There was an outpouring of generosity at the show. We managed to DOUBLE the amount Tom needed to cover his expenses, which will help him pay for the manifold stitches in his head.

    Tom was very grateful.

    ReplyDelete