Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've locked my keys in the car and my family can't get out.

This lovely pic is one taken by my wife Jennifer during a trip she took not long ago.

She called me yesterday from inside the cozy confines of her workplace, the conversation went as follows:

Trout:  Hello.

Jen:  PLEASE . . . tell me I gave you a key to the building.

Trout:  Um, no you didn't.  Why do you ask?

Jen:  Well, I locked myself inside the building to finish up some paperwork.  I was getting ready to leave, I went to the bathroom, closed the door behind me and the doorknob fell off in my hand.  I'm locked inside the bathroom, inside the building.

Trout:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jen:  Don't laugh, this isn't funny, I can't get out of the bathroom.

Trout:  Okay, look in the hole where the knob used to be, do you see a little metal shaft sticking through the opening?  If so carefully slide the portion of the knob you're holding in your hand over the metal shaft, turn it and the door should open.  Be careful though, don't push it clear through.

Jen:  YES, I got it, the door's open, I can get out.  THANK you so much, I didn't know what I was going to do.

Trout::  No problem sweetie.

Jen:  Please though, don't tell anyone about this, I'll never live it down.

Trout:  Don't worry baby, your secret is safe with me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking your chances of getting some nookie just bottomed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His "nookie" went out the door when Jake moved in.

    ReplyDelete