Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Redheaded Projectile

Did I mention that Jake and I play in a Rockabilly band? It's a riot - anyway - here's a pic of Jake snarkily posing in front of Brian Setzer's tour bus.

The other night we're playing Blondie's, one of our favorite local nightspots and everything is pretty normal, people having a few drinks and thinking they're on Dancing with the Stars.

Jake was belting out a beautiful Rockabilly version of "Gimme Back my Wig" it goes like this:

Gimme back my wig, Oh honey let your head go bald
Gimme back my wig, Oh honey let your head go bald
You really got no business, honey buying no wig at all.

One pretty boozy couple were really getting into the swing of things. The man was huge, he looked Samoan, he was dancing with a tall redhead in a white cocktail dress. During one particularly daring move, somehow the couple's hands became separated sending the woman flying into the stage. She went headfirst into my microphone stand, careened sideways falling off the corner of the stage, amazingly she managed to keep her feet underneath her as she listed out of control toward a table filled with cocktails in various states of being consumed. She made landfall directly on the table sending booze, little umbrellas and highball glasses everywhere. When she finally came to rest, she was seated in the lap of a strange man who was trying to act manly all the while blink Bacardi and Coke out of his tear-filled eyes.

Without missing a beat, Jake stepped up to the mic and with perfect pitch delivered the following:

If you're gonna dance, honey please don't slip and fall,
If you're gonna dance, honey please don't slip and fall,
You really got no business, honey tryin' to dance at all.

Where in the world does he come up with this stuff? I was doubled over with laughter hoping the boozy Samoan wouldn't take offence.

Everything turned out fine, I'm pretty sure the Samoan dude who closely resembled a beer truck was far too intoxicated to understand the new lyrics.

6 comments:

  1. I think I love Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented and handsome young man! Where/how can I hear your band?

    BTW, I'm sending a one way ticket to NYC for Jake. Rowr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. Jake has now managed to make EVERY woman in the entire universe swoon over him. If not in real life, he has managed to do it on the internet...and I'm not sure he has ever even BEEN on the internet.

    I think I will puke the next time I hear a girl say "Jake is soooo good looking" or "can I just take him home?" or "BTW, I'm sending a one way ticket to NYC for Jake. Rowr!"

    Bitty Cakes...please. Stop the insanity.

    Steve....please. Stop the insanity.

    Jennifer....please. Stop the insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle:

    I had him for sale on Facebook, but I didn't get any offers that interested me. I could re-open the bidding if you want?

    Bitchcakes:

    I told Jake that you wanted to fly him to New York, the conversation went like this:

    Trout: Hey Jake, Bitchcakes wants to fly you to New York.

    Jake: Who?

    Trout: Bitchcakes.

    Jake: Is she hot?

    Trout: Take a look for yourself.

    Jake: Hmmm . . . is she seeing anyone?

    Trout: I don't know.

    Jake: I'm in.

    What a nut that boy is.

    Anyway, as far as our band goes, I'm working on uploading some music and video to our site in the near future, I'll make sure to blog about it so you can take a listen.

    Paul:

    There's no stopping it at this point, it's way too out of control. Just wait til you ride around town with him in his truck, it feels like your riding with one of the Beatles or something, totally ridiculous. Girls running off the road and breaking their arms trying to wave at him. It's embarassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul: I will NOT stop the insanity. I'm all about insanity!

    Jake: I'm very single and am more than willing to suffer a pomade induced stain on a pillowcase.

    Trout: More pics of Jake - cause I know he's not really coming to NYC. And kindly expedite that task, my good man! (How old is he, like 24? He looks super young.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 24??? TWENTY FOUR??? 24!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

    How old is Jake? 19 seems to be the proper insert here.

    He is still coloring in dino books, and playing with hotwheels. Hey Jake? did you get your training wheels off yet??

    OK OK, I admit it...I'm just jealous that all the ladies swoon over you so much.

    ReplyDelete