Saturday, November 8, 2008

Long; Beautiful; Hair

I've taken quite a bit of heat over the course of the last little while about - of all things - the current state of my hair. Much of the criticism has come from a grandma who I'll leave un-named. In case you want to take a guess, her first name starts with "F" and ends with "reddie"

Anyhoo

Once upon a time a LONG time ago there was a little boy, his name was Trout. Little Trout had a mom who loved him desperately and always made sure he looked his best. His "best" included a military flat-top haircut.

Fast forward 39 years . . .

Trout decided that he should grow out his hair because he was very tired of his old haircut, the resultant style is the one you see in the above picture, very dapper, as mom would say. However, if I opt for not wetting it down and running a comb through it in the mornings, it can be a comical sight. As in my profile pic.

There you have it people, the story of my out of control hair, I know you'll all sleep better knowing the entire truth.

PS: The woman standing next to me in the pic is the lovely Mrs. Trout, who just so happens to think my hair is sexy. And that, my friends, is ALL that matters.

8 comments:

  1. That explains the mess on the top of your head but what explains the mess on your chin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK, I apologize! I actually kind of, sort of liked your hair to be honest. I guess it just came as a shock to me after never seeing you that way before. Every time I see you, you look different. I just had to get used to it actually and now im like WOW .. His hair really looks great! What a strapping young lad he is. ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    Thanks for the explanation of the cell phone use in the woods. By the way, next year Greg and I are going to ride our motorcycles out to see you in the woods. We went to 4 corners a while back and I saw a sign that said Trout's house 43 miles. We wanted to find your place from there but we were with 7 other bikers and had to stay with the group. So maybe next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freddie,

    I can't believe you and Greg were at Four Corners and didn't stop to say hi . . . that had better be the last time that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that adorable couple. If I didn't know better I would think this was a cast shot from 90210 or Baywatch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hair....hey, by the way has anybody ever told you that you have a strong resemblance to George Michael? Also, how did you get mom that close to the water? She must have been pretty boozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good observation, Jessica.

    I had your mom pretty heavily sedated, I did it as a public service, I had to get her on the bus to downtown Vallarta.

    I'm sure you catch my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thannks for the nice comment, Paul.

    The photo was taken by our cabbie, "Paco", his cab smelled of urine but that didn't hinder his ability to take a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the smell of Urine is actually know to the state of California to cause cancer. It is also known to the state of Sinaloa to be the National Smell.

    ReplyDelete