Thursday, October 23, 2008

Should I stay or should I go?


At the pool this evening, coach Kevin decides to introduce an entirely newfangled swimming stroke efficiency philosophy:

A
R
M

He told me what the acronym stood for but in my oxygen deprived condition I didn't remember, I know the first letter stands for "Anchor" but I think I already have that concept mastered. Swimming fast all the while being an anchor don't seem to be harmonious concepts.

Anyhoo

Coach said that the new philosophy will make me faster; but do I really want to invest the time necessary into it to make it work? I'm not a fast learner.

Maybe I'll take up an easier sport like drinking or collecting fridge magnets?

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps to learn how to "swim like a fish" you need to learn how to "drink like a fish"? I dunno, it's worth a shot (or two).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take some training, I agree. It wouldn't be something that you'd want to jump into without "stretching" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy in the pic right behind you...the one with the earring. He is the guy that passed me in the run at mach speeds. I think he is one that ran it in 7 min 20 sec. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??

    From what I see, you could have simply swung your arm back, knocked him unconscious, took off on your swim, and you would have had ONE less guy to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, had I known, I would have waited for him at the first buoy and unzipped his wetsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to find out...he is the guy from St. George! CRAAAZY.

    ReplyDelete