Tuesday, December 9, 2008

People tell me I'm strange.

I took this picture from my desk at a job I recently moved on from. I sat at this desk for 6 years. The wall looked pretty much the same for all six years.

I guess that in itself isn't all that strange, the real strange thing about me is I've eaten the exact same lunch for three years now.

My lunch philosophy is simple: If it's working; why change it?

As you know I shed about a hundred unwanted pounds a few years back and I really don't want to find myself in that condition again. So I've concocted an eating schedule that I adhere to with great care.

I have an uncle who I worked with for about ten years and he ate the exact same lunch every day for the ten years I worked with him. My lunchtime regimen must certainly be genetic.

I eat many times per day:

Breakfast is a shake made of a scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder, 1 banana, and 16 oz. of vanilla flavored soy milk.

I then hit the pool where I swim laps for 2 hours, 4 days a week.

At 10:00 I eat an asiago cheese bagel.

At noon I eat a MetRX Big 100 meal replacement bar, apple pie flavor.

At 1:30 I eat a banana.

At 2:00 I hit the weight room for 35 minutes, four days a week.

At 3:00 I eat another asiago cheese bagel.

At 4:00 I eat 1 oz. of salted cashews.

At 5:00 I eat another banana.

Monday I play water polo for two hours after work.

Tuesday and Thursday I swim for another two hours after work with the Leopard Sharks swim team. My yardage total for Tuesdays and Thursdays is usually right around 10,000 yards, counting morning and evening sessions.

I take Wednesdays and Saturdays off from swimming, I usually run or drag my tire sled on those days.

Sunday I swim for an hour.

I'm a creature of habit I guess??
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. ummmmm what about supper? Isn't there any supper??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, supper.

    I look forward to supper ALL DAY. Mrs. Trout is a phenomenal cook, she makes the most wonderful meals. I eat whatever she cooks in the evening, I try to keep it to one serving, but sometimes I can't. For instance last night she made a chicken broccoli casserole that I would have walked on broken glass to get seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you do torture yourself! Your amazing! If I even tried to do all that with my arthritis I would not be able to walk for weeks. I do need to take up swimming but that means I would have to put on a swim suit and that can get real scary. If I could eat one bagel a day I would be in heaven. Bagels = lbs for me. Well, thanks for posting about your activities.You do motivated me. At least you got me thinking about exercise and that is at least a start. Riding my Trike doesn't really boost my heart rate now does it? Unless a big truck passes me or a cow crosses the road. now that can be a bit of a heart racer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freddie:

    I know what you mean about the bathing suit. You get used to it though, I don my Speedo and act like I own the place. I look better in it now than I did a hundred pounds ago, that's for sure.

    Jeff:

    Lookie what the cat drug in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the shoes call Trout's heterosexuality into question.

    ReplyDelete